smile for me. (:

blog archives

random blogs


email me

This page is powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008
My mother once asked me, "Why do you love me?" For a while I was speechless, without a single word to say. I didn't know how I would answer. Finally after much deliberation and thought, I simply answered her saying, "Because you are my mother." With that answer she was content. It was then I realized that, my love for her was not based on account of what she did, rather it was based on who she was. I loved her simply just because and likewise for her. She didn't have to cook or clean, but she did it because I was her son. Whether I was good or bad, her love for me did not change. It was then that I was able to grasp the understanding of what unconditional love is. That concept still blows my mind and makes me wonder how much more would God unconditionally love us?

posted by ehkl. 2:04 PM
Comments: Post a Comment



home